- 750g lean turkey breast mince
(use vegetarian mince if preferred )
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 free range egg
- 1/2 a grated coconut
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 green chillies (optional), finely chopped
- 3 tsps organic butter or coconut oil.
Place the mince in a large bowl. Add all of the other ingredients. Using your hands, mix well for 2-3 minutes. Form into 10 patties and place on a plate.
Melt the oil or butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Gently place 5 of the patties in the pan and fry for 15 minutes, turning halfway. Once cooked, fry the other 5 patties.
Serve with a salad and a squeeze of lemon or lime and a plain yoghurt dip.
Store any leftover burgers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.